Monday, September 24, 2012

I love Homecoming!

I really do love homecoming!  I say this alot this week as the High School Student Council Advisor -- 1/4 as a joke, but overall really it is true.  I like how the school bonds - because at a small school nearly everybody at least kind of gets into it. 

Today it was fake injury dress up day, tons of students wrapped and hopping yet learning continued.  So as Student Council Adviser I always try and do something interesting -- today I made a small fake wound on my left arm (from not doing math homework) and wore a dog funnel (the kind that keeps the dog from licking a wound).  I enjoyed being involved and yet there was no doubt by the students about who I am or what my job is...    I still wore a tie and whatnot.

Anyway, there are many things that make this a good experience - it makes leaders, builds up spirit which can be used in any class!  What I mean is it makes a student connected and a connected student is much more likely to stay engaged and graduate.  I think this plays to my small schools' success in graduating over 99% of over students in the past 6 years I have been there.

Anyway it has been a good week and as I do everyday - I am enjoying the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment