Thursday, October 4, 2012

Jim Wright -- Response to Intervention (RtI)

So a couple of days ago my district sent me to see Jim Wright present in DeForest Wisconsin on RtI (response to intervention).  It was a good day, though Mr. Wright had a ton of material to cover meaning it was a lot of "lecture" versus time working on the concepts he showed.

The best thing was his website http://www.interventioncentral.org/.  It gives many tools for RtI from assessment to checklists to....  many things.  The site requires some time to work thru but the list generators are quick and fairly intuitive http://www.interventioncentral.org/tools/academic-survival-skills-checklist-maker

Overall I felt like RtI is a lot of things I do and some things I didn't, but I did not document anything.  Now the goal is to document and follow thru, which is a good thing (gut-feel is no way to do anything)!  Because if we are not documenting and measuring are we really doing any long-term good?  It is a tough thing cause it adds another thing but I think once I get a "system" figured - how I attack, how I follow-thru, etc that things will be easier to manage.

And as I work at it - I remind myself - to help each student on their individual journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment