Tuesday, April 7, 2020

COVID19 - High School Math Assigment - Project 2 - Puzzles!!

So I keep looking for different things to do during this time of change... Projects that can be read by email and done without internet (or sometimes I mail the page).

This is a project for 9-12 grade, Algebra, Geometry and Algebra 2.  

Here is what I email the students (allowing 2-3 weeks):

To: Students:

Hello gang!

I hope everyone is well.  I want to intro the new project for this week!

I like math puzzles!! 
So I want us to solve one and create one!  

Step 1 - solve the following!!  (Taken from Facebook)   If you can get me an answer - if you struggle send me your thoughts on it.....

Step 2  -- Create your own Social Media post-able math puzzle (so I should be able to snap a picture without your name like above)
This can be on paper,  on Microsoft word, on google doc....  Whatever medium you would like to use!  You most likely will need to start with a rough draft, then make a final copy!!

It can be like the one above (if you do a lock like the one above please do 4 digits instead of 3, which would take more steps to solve).  You could also do a lock like your gym locker, or anything you want to try. 

I will comment how it goes!! 

1 comment:

  1. First one for posting!!!

    Can you Crack the code???

    __ __ __ ___

    3595 one digit right and in its place

    9372 two digits are right but in the wrong places

    0820 one digit is right but in the wrong place

    6691 one digit is right and in its place

    5060 all digits wrong

    7994 one digit is right but in the wrong place

    2280 one digit is right and in its place

    ReplyDelete